Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
[Pursuant to Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013, read with Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 and Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014]
Ramesh Industries has long been actively involved in social and community development. We are committed towards social causes and their development.
As required under the provisions of Companies Act, 2013 (“Act”), the Company is pleased to announce its Corporate Social Responsibility Policy (“CSR Policy” or “Policy”). Our goal shall be to focus on CSR activities strictly in compliance with applicable laws from time to time in force, including the Act and the rules thereunder. Towards this purpose, the Policy has been designed to achieve the Company’s social goals, while satisfying the required statutory obligations.
CSR FOCUS AREAS
In accordance with the primary CSR philosophy of the Company and the specified activities under the Act read with Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014, and any amendment(s) thereof, the CSR activities to be undertaken by the Company under this Policy shall be the following:
Key activities relating to:
- The CSR initiatives of the company will be related primarily to providing better facilities to the weaker section of the society which will generate community goodwill and create impact and visibility.
- Aim to shoulder responsibility for restoring/compensating for any ecological damage that is taking place as a result of operations.
- Business should support a precautionary approach to environment, while undertaking initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibilities & encourage the development of environmentally friendly technologies.
- To create value in innovative social investments in the community and may focus on the areas of “Preparedness and Capacity Building” in Disaster Management.
- Suitable assistance to the victims of natural calamities such as floods, earthquakes epidemics etc., in any part of the country.
- To promote technical /professional education by giving financial assistance / opening institutions through organizations/ infrastructural support.
- To coordinate and associate with organisations undertaking similar activities and other Educational Institutions and Research Organisations.
- To promote skill development for sustainable income generation and livelihood.
- To identify & help under developed areas especially around the projects and also across the country having predominantly SC/ tribal/ other under privileged population.
- Sustainable assistance to handicapped & mentally challenged children and under privileged people in the society.
- Promote awareness programmes against social evils such as Alcholism AIDS etc., and to spread the awareness of legal rights and responsibilities.
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventive health care and sanitation including contribution to the Swach Bharat Kosh set-up by the Central Government for the promotion of sanitation and making available safe drinking water;
- contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government;
- rural development projects; and
- Slum area development.
Every activity to be undertaken by the Company as mentioned above shall be approved by the CSR Committee. For the purpose of carrying out the CSR activities, preference shall be given to the local area and the areas around which the Company operates.